Mmorpg's

Discussion in 'Games' started by alien_ware, Oct 19, 2005.

1. alien_ware macrumors newbie

what are some good mmorpgs for mac and windows

2. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

3. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

4. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Outstanding game. The only thing is I found myself playing it non stop when I first got it.

5. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Didn't we all?

6. ghostee macrumors 6502

World of Warcraft.

And to answer the question in your sig, if you're a hardcore gamer I'd say get a nice PC for gaming, and a good Mac for everything else. Best way to do it. :D

7. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

i like eve online the universe is so huge you will get lost. and there are big war's from like 10 ships to like thousands battleing it out and every ship there is a person. this game is somthing to be played its awesome.its like real life it has its own econimy you can mine stuff or transport cargo or whatever you want. you can build your own ship build your own weapons. the starmap has so much to explore you cant explore it in a month even tho you try. you also got to watch what sector you go in cause of computer controlled drones and people that want to be pirates and there is a bounty on there head if you can disable there ship enuff to capture them or destroy them. it just might be what i like to play but this game is awesome and you all with pc's need to try it

8. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

I want to play WOW so bad....but I just know that I will not be able to exibit any self control and I will waste away in front of my mac.....

RPG's have always been my games of choice, but everything I've read about WoW has lead me to believe that it would do serious damage to my social life, and my love life...damn...

The nail in the coffin for me was when I read about how Dave Chappel checked himself into rehab (remember when he dissapeared and everyone thought he was into drugs) well he was in rehab for WoW !!

that's messed up...so I''m gonna stay away and stick to sports games like Tiger Woods.

9. Neotopia macrumors newbie

I'm also an eve fan, nothing at all compares to the amount of depth in this game. In WoW there is a serious issue with individuality, everyone is basically the same. In eve there are true heroes and scum, like the infamous mOo corporation (they killed hundreds of players in early eve), or trading corporations like NAGA who own billions in assets.

Btw, madmax, I was in XETIC alliance, just as it was ripped apart by everyone. Currently residing in the ISS :)

10. alien_ware thread starter macrumors newbie

11. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

runescape.com can be fun for some time.

12. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I heard he was in rehab, and I know he played WoW, but was that really what he was in rehab for? I find that hard to believe.

13. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I'd advise not getting started with WoW...it will eat your life. :)

14. smwatson macrumors 6502a

smwatson

If you want a good free one try www.planeshift.it . i dunno about mac's but Windows version is top notch fun. 11 races, plenty of things to do and explore, beasts to buy and ride, and all 100% free. And its pretty much totally stable, on PC anyway. Anyone got any experience of this game on mac?

15. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I don't play any of the pay-to-play MMORPGs...I find the free ones fun enough for my needs - Kingdom of Loathing is a good example. That one requires no software download (you play it in your web browser), and it works great in Safari.

16. cjc343 macrumors 6502

It'll seem strange at first, but give it a try... it truly is an awesome game.

17. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Which game? I can't confirm anywhere on the RuneScape site that it works with Macs, and PlaneShift has some Mac OS X-specific bugs that keep me away.

18. cjc343 macrumors 6502

I was referring to KoL, not so much for your sake, but for the original poster's and anyone else who happened to be reading the thread.

Runescape is Mac compatible, but it's bloated, buggy, and horribly repetitive.