Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
thats who apple does business with. your only other option is to get a personal loan from your bank. MNBA is fine if you pay your bills on time. But on the other hand im 17 so I'm no financial adviser and you guys would know more then me.

iJon

trebblekicked

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2002
Chicago, IL, USA
i really hate mbna.

i did the whole apple instant loan thing a year and a half ago to get my quicksilver. NEVER AGAIN! they suckered me, i ended up with a 24.99& APR (and this was two weeks before the 9/11 0% APR stuff started).

in the end, i transfered the purchase to one of the fifty 0% cards i got that week, and have been bouncing it whenever the intro rate dries up.

So for your problem, if you have to finance through MBNA (as most young people do), go ahead, and be ready to transfer the balance that day to a 0% card.

unc32

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Just get a credit card with a low interest rate and put it all on there. It will also help your credit rating, this is essentially what MBNA is doing.

mattmack

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2002
San Francisco Area
Re: Personal Loan

Originally posted by starsaber13
I will just get my dad to get a personal loan from a local bank.:cool:
A personal loan will run you a minimum of 16.99%. It is better to get a low interest Credit card and put it there or save your money and pay cash:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.