Mobile phone tool?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NeoNmaN, Aug 1, 2006.

1. NeoNmaN macrumors newbie

I have a mobile phone ( Nokia 6280 ) and the Nokia Software tool i get on my cdrom ist to Windows so right know i search after som thing i can use to remote my phone from my iBook :)

eny one know about phone software to OSX?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

For transfer of files etc. just pair with Bluetooth on your Mac. Anything else and you're out of luck - it's one area where there just isn't any Mac software.

It's very difficult to understand your posts - are you a native English speaker? If not, no matter but if you are it would go a long way to getting correct answers to your questions if your posts had correct spelling - as good as you can manage - as it helps us know exactly what you need.

3. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I'm not really sure what you're looking for, but the two applications I use, other than iSync are BluePhoneElite and Salling Clicker. A quick Google will pull them up. BPE is good for SMS and call alerts. BPE2, which is in beta right now will let you use your computer's speakers and mic rather than talking into your phone. Salling allows you to use your phone as a remote control.

4. NeoNmaN thread starter macrumors newbie

i need one program to send sms from my computer, call, adressebook and more stuff :) and i will take a look on BPE :) bot you know order software i can try?

5. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

For those things, BPE is your best bet. I believe the shareware version lasts for 30 days or so, and BPE2 should be coming along by that time.

6. Jopling macrumors 6502

Address book does all that...

7. NeoNmaN thread starter macrumors newbie

i can look of BPE ist shareware and i only can use it on 10 days. and i can get all my SMS from my Nokia phone in the program and i can use OSX includet program to send SMS whit so i need a program to doe follow items

Send sms
    Read sms
    Phone book from my phone
    Data from computer to my Nokia phone

all that :) and i will be happy if i can use Bluetooth and my Cable connect :)

8. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

You can send SMS and make calls with Address Book but BPE is much, much more user friendly (more features and more practical) and it allows you to manage your SMS's. BPE2 is going to allow you to access your phone's address book, if it is different than that on your Mac then it will be useful. I didn't realize BPE's shareware version only lasted 10 days; that's too bad but I wouldn't purchase BPE as BPE2 should be out shortly. To transfer files, etc to your Nokia, just use the BT File Transfer utility in OS X. Click the BT icon in the menu bar and select "send file".

Here's a link to the BPE2 download if you want to try it, but I wouldn't consider it ready for use:

BPE2

BPE2 still does not have a menu bar item implemented, which I believe is a necessity for this app. It's also still VERY buggy.

9. NeoNmaN thread starter macrumors newbie

10. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

It will be shareware, but right now it's in beta and it's free - I wouldn't really consider it beta right now though.

11. NeoNmaN thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay :) Thanks for helping :) i will try this program.

12. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

Is there an update to this thread?

I am using bluephone elite and while it kinda works, it's turning into bloatware that messes up all the time on my mbp 10.4.11. has an alternative been developed? I just want to reliably connect to the phone to send sms via keyboard, that's basically it. thanks!