Mobile with GPS/NAV mac compliant??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by me_flay, Oct 7, 2006.

1. me_flay macrumors newbie

me_flay

Anything to recommend? I'm kinda exhausted as I can't really find an adequate mobile which is to replace all these little gadgets that make business life much easier, something that we call the oviparous wool-milk-pig over here. Not that only I utterly dislike Windows Mobile, I would prefer an alternative operating system that as a basic feature is able to communicate with iCal and the address book. Filemaker Mobile unfortunately seems to be absolutely unlikely. Not necessarily with bluetooth (though most likely not omitted anymore) but with a GPS-Receiver for basic navigation so I don't have to worry about navigation units in rental cars when city hopping...

Maybe there's nothing out there worth considering, but if someone knows or is aware of a product in the pipeline worth waiting for. Cheers for any info on potential aspirants!

2. dreamsINdigital macrumors 6502

I'm thinking about getting a Palm TX PDA and loading it with TomTom Navigator to use on the road. The Palm TX doesn't have GPS built in however, so you will need to purchase a bluetooth GPS receiver as well. As far as I know, the Palm TX works well with OS X. It works with iSync, includes Palm Desktop software, and you could also use The Missing Sync.