Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
The latest post from the mobilechat devs over at their blog:

"Also, comments are being heavily moderated now. Any derogatory comments towards the developers or any community member will be deleted, no questions asked. It’s one thing to post constructive criticism regarding the product; but it’s another to post aimless comments designed to frustrate and annoy the people who visit this blog. This is not an open forum and if you would like to discuss MobileChat without limitation, I recommend starting a thread at MacRumors."

Is it derogatory to call them con men for selling a non working product?

This is what they had to say to my comment.

They don't give a toss. They're too bothered about their image at this point to even focus on their product.
As I said I've moved to Beejive. I'm completely fed up of dealing with the morons running MC.

And yes, I said 'morons' :eek::rolleyes::cool:.

[Edit] - When asked about why it has taken them this long to sumbit a request to change their application description, I got this:

Saverio (Developer of Mobile Chat 3) said:
We had our reasons, and they are not up for discussion. I don't doubt that we've damaged our community,
but that's just the way the ball bounces. We'll gain the communities respect back through our continuing effort to deliver a quality product.

In 2010, 15, never? - That says it all for me.

R-Fly

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
This is what they had to say to my comment.

They don't give a toss. They're too bothered about their image at this point to even focus on their product.
As I said I've moved to Beejive. I'm completely fed up of dealing with the morons running MC.

Err, if that was the case, then they could have refunded everyone, then relisted their application...cause now, they're stuck with a never rising two star rating.

kevin512

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

They have also posted that they were wary and had various reasons for not updating the app store description before the 3.1 release. And now that 3.1 is released they are "free of those restraints". What is this crap about??!

Also appears they are still in the middle of rewriting all there server software for each protocol. It's only been 2 months!

dranakin

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2005
You know, as long as I have been waiting for MC's update, I have come to the realization that it isn't going to solve all of the problems of the application - just as many problems with it are with the host servers. The way the developers shut its customers up is also a factor:

Also, comments are being heavily moderated now. Any derogatory comments towards the developers or any community member will be deleted, no questions asked. It’s one thing to post constructive criticism regarding the product; but it’s another to post aimless comments designed to frustrate and annoy the people who visit this blog. This is not an open forum and if you would like to discuss MobileChat without limitation, I recommend starting a thread at MacRumors.

Beejive: Game over, MC.

X-posted on the other thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.