MobileMe + Account ID

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Buff401, Nov 2, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 8, 2010
    SW England
    I've just got Mobile Me but I'm a bit confused about account setup. As I already have a mac, iPhone (and iTunes ) I have a current "Apple ID" but do i need to set up a new one for MM or can i continue to use my existing ID? Any help, tips or guidance appreciated:confused:
  2. macrumors regular

Jan 4, 2010
    I am expecting any day the delivery, through the post, MobileMe and would also like an answer to this question, Please.
  3. macrumors regular

Jan 4, 2010
    Just found how to do it. Go to Then follow the instructions on the screen.
    I found I had to setup a new account ID. After that it is simple.:D
  4. macrumors 65816

Jun 9, 2009
    I had to call them when I set up my MM ID and had them transfer all my info from the old AppleID to my MM one (I had things like applecare, product registrations, etc).

I also asked them to transfer the itunes purchases/licenses but they said that they were not able to do that. Not a big deal as I don't actually have any purchases from the itunes store, only a handful of free ipod apps and one or two that I got for free before they started charging for them. For those free ones I just re-downloaded them on the new account. For the free-but-now-pay ones, I just use my old login info if needed for updates, etc.