Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baxterdown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I use Exchange at work (not corporate, I have my own business) and have it setup with my iPhone. It works great.

Now, I want to setup a personal e-mail account at mm.

I am trying to sync my contacts from Exchange with MobileMe so they will be available in mm and I can't get it to work. The sync settings in iTunes say my contact are being pushed by Exchange.

I have mm contacts settings on the iPhone set to "ON" but nothing is happening...

Am I doing something wrong? Or, is it perhaps that the two simply cannot communicate? I'm :confused:

sharp65

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
Wouldn't you have to first tell your business exchange not to push it's contacts to your iphone? I think it's possible to only make it snyc mail and the calendar.

DJS1234

macrumors regular
May 1, 2006
Export them to VCards in Outlook at work (Or entourage)

Import the VCards into address book

Sync Address book to mobile me

Done.

How does that sound? (Of course then you'll have to contend with MobileMe being about as reliable as a $10 Rolex but that's another matter;))

Dan

Baxterdown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
LOL! Dan, that is too funny! I call mine (I have one) Fauxlex. :D

Yes, I can do what you suggest, but that would be a one time export/import. Contact would still not be synced.

jose

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.