MobileMe doesn't love Safari 4!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Howmanoid, Jul 12, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Howmanoid

MobileMe doesn't want to play nice with Safari 4 at all. You can log in but once the main UI comes up almost none of the navigation works. Firefox 3 works just fine.... Sigh.... Is Apple starting to take lessons from Redmond on QA procedures??? Yeah, yeah Safari 4 is in beta... I know.. but still, you'd think it would build on top of the stable 3 code base....

2. Guest

Safari 4

It is not that the code base for Safari 4 is unstable. Since it is still in beta, the WebKit it uses it considered a nightly build. Nightly builds of WebKit disable certain plug-ins required by MobileMe. When Safari 4 is released as a final piece of software, MobileMe will work just fine.

3. macrumors regular

ViveLeLivre

Are you kidding? Have you tried MobileMe on Safari 3? You're just fighting a different bug, whoopee.

4. Guest

Safari 3 issues?

What do you mean? MobileMe on Safari 3.1.1 works perfectly.

5. macrumors regular

ViveLeLivre

I'm on 3.1.2 and mail is totally borked. Unusable choppy/slow.

6. macrumors 65816

7. Guest

Yes, but that is not a Safari bug, that is just MobileMe. It's a brand new system and of course has a few bugs.

I'm having similar issues, but not due to Safari.

8. macrumors member

It's just because MobileMe is still having issues. It's just as bad on firefox 3....

9. macrumors member

10. macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Thats why it sucks on Mac lol I have Safari 4

11. macrumors regular

ViveLeLivre

I noticed that. At first I thought they were just courting Windows users, now I know better: Apple can't get it to work either.

12. macrumors 6502a

cloudnine

I don't know, I'm having the same problems and I'm running Safari 3.1.2 on OSX. I can load the page just fine, but I can't navigate anywhere.

Ugh.