Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v88v00v

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
I was just wondering if there was anyway to check if your desired email is already taken. I know that the .mac accounts are transfered to mobileme and this would lower the chances of my desired email being available.

I don't want to purchase it and then find out that I can't get the username I wanted. (Can I ping the emails somehow?)

And also is mobileme available for purchase alongside the iphone for the discounted price in Canada? I went to a rogers and fido store and did not see anything that mentioned mobileme.

Thanks for the help!

Future 16GB White iPhone owner (they were sold out >.<)

v88v00v

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Hmm..

I was looking at that but then I have to use my credit card information, which isn't a real problem, but I can only try one email address because they would have my information in the system. I think.. I'm just guessing, but I will probably try that for my main prefered email.

tony4d

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
I was looking at that but then I have to use my credit card information, which isn't a real problem, but I can only try one email address because they would have my information in the system. I think.. I'm just guessing, but I will probably try that for my main prefered email.

Do this. Start the process of signing up for a new trial. The first thing you'll be asked for are your desired email address and first and last name and address, etc. You don't actually enter your credit card info or finish the sign up process until the next step. In other words, fill out the first portion of the form, and click continue. It should tell you right then if your email address is free. To test it out you might just try the email "john", cause you know that will be taken heh.

v88v00v

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Sweeet!!

Thanks for the help! Just found out the email I wanted was available!

Your suggestion for just entering the info and clicking continue, and then it checking the availablity worked :D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.