Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpcody

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
Alright, if this has already been discussed, and I have missed it, moderators please delete me. I think I have a slightly different iteration of an old question.

I love Gmail. I will not abandon it. Keyboard shortcuts, RTM for Gmail, labels, filters, the whole kit-n-kaboodle.

PUSH would be insanely helpful. (I know, 15 minutes is not long to wait, but I do deal with certain time-sensitive matters where not sitting and hitting "check for new mail" would be great.)

Ideally, how I see this turning out would be to have Gmail and Mobileme live in a perfect and happy IMAP world where they stay in sync with one another. If I check a message on my phone, I'm using MobileMe's push, but Gmail knows I read it.

I know my MobileMe account preferences are still not able to be brought up due to the "Hey! Let's revolutionize the world in a single day using these servers we set up in the basement of some kid's grandma's house" thing. So I'm hopeful the account settings might bring some hope.

Am I dreaming because this isn't gonna happen, or am I an idiot because this is already so easily feasible some way?

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
I think this will be a lot smoother when Apple opens their push service to other apps in October... er... I mean September. Yeah, September.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.