Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carsteve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
I'm having an issue with MobileMe aliases (i only have four aliases, their server shows I have 5). I entered a query to MobileMe support and spoke with a support staffer via online chat. That staffer elevated my issue to a senior member of the MobileMe team. They reviewed my issue for a day or two, and they are now asking me to log into my account and alter passwords so they can access it and test the issue for themselves. They are assuring me that my privacy will be protected, blah blah blah.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue which required MobileMe support to access their account in this manner (altering your password so they can get into it, etc). I'm sure you can understand my hesitation. I have no experience with MobileMe support so if anyone has any background information or similar experiences, if you would share them that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DannySmurf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
That makes no sense. They should be able to change/reset the password for themselves if they need to log into your account.

Cancelled
May 21, 2009
They wanted to do the same thing with both my wife's account and mine when we were having e-mail problems. The guy sent one single e-mail through my account and washed his hands of our problem. We were both getting SMTP timeouts in different locations, networks, and Macbooks. It was indeed a problem with the service but we got no reprieve.

The problem was ultimately fixed for us--we switched everything to Gmail and haven't had a problem.

Apple's MobileMe support is a complete joke.

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Yes, back some time ago They worked with me on an issue and did the same thing. I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you are, change your password when they are thru...

*NOTE - If you have your local iDisk turned on, you will need to let your iDisk rebuild after logging out of MobileMe in system prefs.

Scippy

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2009
Somewhere
In my experience, I never give my password to my account to anyone. If they truly need to log into your account, they should be able to rest/log in as admins to fix the issue.

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
Had to do this with mine as well, that is being worked on... So they say.

Word of advice... if you do have a tech email you, reply once and only once. The queue they work on tags your last email for time. You reply 2 days later, it is like your case just started again.

Stupid-o.

Mine is jacked up right now, as I posted in another thread and boy do I hope they can fix it. If I get a BS nothing wrong response I will cancel it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.