MobileMe trial to family pack upgrade

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by GLS, Nov 20, 2010.

1. GLS
    macrumors 6502

Jun 26, 2010
    Hi all-

After much deliberation, I finally broke down this morning and signed up for a MobileMe trial account. After playing around with it for an hour or so, I decided that it was worth having, but for my wife and daughter as well.

I found a reseller on Ebay and purchased a boxed family pack. Seller did not email me the code, but will ship me the box.

When I get the box...what exactly is the upgrade procedure...because I've read conflicting information on a variety of sites (including this forum). Entering the code is straightforward....however, my account shows trial (single user). If I enter the code, will it reflect that my account is part of a family pack? I have this fear that I will enter the code...and it will still show just an annual subscription for myself.

Plus, there is this info listed in my account:

Losing the trial period I understand, but the convert to paid subscription is what has me questioning this.

Maybe I'm just overthinking all of this.

Many thanks to those who reply.
  2. macrumors 68020

Jul 11, 2007
    Torrance, CA
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

The code converts from trial to paid subscription. Your email will be the primary account. You then add up to four more sub accounts.
  3. macrumors 68000

steve knight

Jan 28, 2009
    just log in go to your account and there is a place to enter activation code an it will show a family membership when it goes through.