MobileMe user: iCloud.com moans about @me.com email required, OS X Mail refusing pw

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Kilamite, Oct 13, 2011.

1. macrumors G3

Kilamite

Problem 1

I was originally a .Mac user, so my Apple ID is actually @mac.com not @me.com. This used to cause problems when signing in with iTunes, as iTunes for some reason only accepts my @me.com email as a login, yet once logged in, displays it as my @mac.com email. I have iCloud set up on my Mac in System Preferences with Mail enabled.

I think the same thing has happened with iCloud. Anyone else with this issue?

Problem 2

Mail is refusing my iCloud/MobileMe password. Was working last night, but all of today it has been refusing it.

EDIT: Appears there's some issues with iCloud right now as Apple's website reports.

http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/

Guess it'll be back up soon..

2. macrumors demi-goddess

costabunny

Same here - has been happening across all devices for about the last 30+ mins

:(

3. macrumors newbie

I am back up on my devices but still trying to use the site www.icloud.com to look at email keeps saying it requires a .me email.. I have had .mac since the day it was introduced at macworld. attached to my account is also the same with .me.. so why can I not access email at icloud.com?

4. thread starter macrumors G3

Kilamite

My email is back up again too.

Still can't check my email on iCloud though.

5. macrumors 6502a

Did you migrate your MobileMe to iCloud first? I have seen problems where people try to set up iCloud with existing MobileMe credentials without moving it to iCloud first.

6. thread starter macrumors G3

Kilamite

Yep, everything is moved to iCloud. Contacts and Calendar show up fine. Just email on iCloud.com that won't let me.

7. macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

How do I start over? I kinda screwed things up: Tried activating iCloud before migrating from MM, even created a new @me address (got frustrated when it wouldn't accept the same @me associated with my original MM account.

Please help! Been struggling with this all night. Never once had these problems with just using MM.

8. macrumors regular

I also have that same issue. Everything is synced besides my email. Still has that popup saying I need an @me address.

9. thread starter macrumors G3

Kilamite

I sent an email to Tim Cook on Oct 13th, basically saying can someone from your team sort this out for me, as it may be an isolated case.

Got a phone call today from someone who was wanting to try resolve it all. Ironically, prior to the phone call, I was able to start using iCloud.com to check my email.

Nice to know that my email got read and passed to the appropriate people for resolving though.