Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgodden

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Ok, so im a former iphone user. I have a MBP as my primary computer, and I use an iPad. My phone now is an android device. I'm really missing the 'everything syncs' way of life i had with my iphone, and im wondering if anyone with an android device has found a way to make everything seamlessly sync?

I have a gmail account, and when my iphone was my primary, i just had my gmail forwarded to my me.com for the push, but now that im using android, me.com doesnt push on my phone, but Gmail does. I can forward my me.com to my gmail.com no problem, and ive found a way to sync all of my contacts together, but my last problem is the calendar. Anyone found any way to get everything to work?

gimmi80

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2010
... Anyone found any way to get everything to work?

I was using google services before mobileme.
if you want to sync calendar and everything you have to set up gmail as exchange account, or use the google mobile application or setup the server m.google.com

if you check on the google help section you will find all the info.
Sorry, but I can not give you more detail, it was almost 1 year ago, but I remember everything worked fine, very similar to mobileme.

Tarzanman

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Ok, so im a former iphone user. I have a MBP as my primary computer, and I use an iPad. My phone now is an android device. I'm really missing the 'everything syncs' way of life i had with my iphone, and im wondering if anyone with an android device has found a way to make everything seamlessly sync?

I have a gmail account, and when my iphone was my primary, i just had my gmail forwarded to my me.com for the push, but now that im using android, me.com doesnt push on my phone, but Gmail does. I can forward my me.com to my gmail.com no problem, and ive found a way to sync all of my contacts together, but my last problem is the calendar. Anyone found any way to get everything to work?

Some Android phones have the google calendar built in, and some don't. Which phone do you have?

jgodden

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Some Android phones have the google calendar built in, and some don't. Which phone do you have?

I have the incredible. I have no issue getting my google calendar on it, what im trying to do is make it so my mobile me syncs on my phone, like say I put in an appointment on my ipad or macbook, which sync with each other, I want it to also sync to my phone, over the air.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.