MOBO MDD G4 from 167MHz to 200MHz?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MindZ, Nov 16, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Nov 16, 2009
    HI I have a MDD and a dual processor with a motherboard running 167MHz that I want to run 200MHz.

I know that you can change the speed from 133MHz to 167MHz by taking away one resistor on the motherboards backside ( and I think for taking the motherboard out I have to take out one screw from the motherboard and one from the CPU/heatsink?)

So which resistors can make the diffidence to 200MHZ.

I have the faster ddr2 3200 ram so that part of it should be OK. But what other problems has to be solved too?
    Thanks Hans-Christian:rolleyes:
  2. macrumors 65816

May 2, 2009
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 16, 2009
    Thanks for your interest and advice
    But how do you know? At the moment my 1.33 is running at a constant temp of 44,5 degrease C after I did some modifications to the cooling inspired by others. I have another that is stable around 55C using Verax system seen on other sites.

I have been looking for days on the web and the chance from 133 to 167 is well documented in English on a French website with pictures. As I have a spare board and a 1.33 xserve processor I am willing to try but not experiment without gathering information from other how might have tried.
    The rise in speed is only 20%.
    So how do you know?

When I look at the overclocking of mdd cpu there seems to be a pattern with the multiplication from the basic speed. I was wondering if it is a binary count but I cant figure it out. If it is so there might be a similar way for these 4 resistors.

Thanks Hans-Christian