Mochaccino receipe

Discussion in 'Community' started by Neserk, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I love Mochaccinos but can't drink them because they have milk in them and I'm allergic. (found that out the hard way) I found this receipe and it is terrific! It makes 8+ servings.

12 tablespoons of coffee grounds (I used decaf)
    10 cups of water
    3/4 cup of Cremora or other non-dairy powered creamer
    1/2 cup chocolate syrup :D
    1/2 cup carmel syrup (I didn't use this)
    1/2 cup sugar
    whipped topping (I didn't use this either)

Make strong coffee with water and coffee grounds.
    After coffee has brewed pour into pan or other heat-proof container.
    add sugar, cremora, chocolate syrup, and carmel syrup. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Chill.

Pour 1 cup of ice and 1 cup of chilled mixture into blender. Blend until ice is well mixed and drink is frothy. Pour into glass. Top with whipped topping, chocolate and carmel syrups. Enjoy!

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Very nice recipe, I'll have to try it. For variation, Coffeemate makes a chocolate non-dairy creamer, which might add nicely to your recipe... Also, if you're wanting to make the drink hot, and still want it frothy, Nestle makes a powdered drink called Frothé, just mix a bit of that in, it creates a nice foam on top. Easier than using the frother on my espresso machine, which always leaves more coffee on me than in the cup.

paul

3. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

milk allergy...that really blows the big one

you don't do what my cousin does do you? he puts water in his cereal. i almost threw up when i saw that :D

4. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

No, but I have put OJ on cheerios! It is actually good. Like eating toast and having a drink of orange juice.

It does suck. I was 26 before I found out (boy was I sick a lot before that and underweight, too). I love milk but I just don't tolerate it at all.

5. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I lke the Frothe! I'll have to try the chocolate non-dairy creamer!

6. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

you can also use soy milk, or rice milk.

they sell soy milk, but sometimes you have to make the rice milk home.

rice milk
    cook 1 cup of rice with 2 - 2,5 cup of water, no salt, untill all water is absorbed and it is ready (depending on rice it will be normally 2 - 2,5 x the volume of the rice you use - don't boil in lose water and then throw away the rest of the water - that takes away 90 % of the nutrients).

when rice is still hot, place it to a blender. for 1 cup of cooked rice, add (brown is better) sugar to taste, about 4-10 spoons (not to be vcery sweet), some vanilla extract or vanilla sugar if you have (or you can cook the rice with the vanilla stick), and add 4 cups of hot, nearly boiling water.
    run the blender untill it is smooth and soft. put the rice milk to settle down to a big jug somewhere; in a few hours if will be ready. you can discard the heavier stuff on the bottom, or use it e.g. in cooking.

it will conserve up to a week in a fridge.

i love that with my coffee.. so a latte to rice milk ..

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

When I have coffee, just prefer it black. Just can't tolerate the sweetness with my coffee. For a treat I like Starbucks Mocha Late or a Frappachino.

I'm sure that a milk allergy is no fun. I think that I'd miss ice cream a lot. Have you ever tried Lactaid?

http://www.lactaid.com/recipes/index.jhtml