Mod Question

Discussion in 'Games' started by actripxl, Jul 17, 2003.

1. actripxl macrumors 6502

actripxl

My question is if the UT2K3 mod's work with the mac version or do I have to also find mods that have a OSX installer?

2. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

All UT2003 mods work with both PC and Mac, however they have to have a Mac installer for you to be able to install them on your Mac. A way around this is to install the mod on a PC then copy the files that were installed over to the UT2003 folder on your Mac.

3. actripxl thread starter macrumors 6502

actripxl

Well my next question is can I unzip it in VPC and then just drag it over to my version?

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

If it's just a zip then you should be able to unzip it on your Mac and copy the files into the right places.

5. actripxl thread starter macrumors 6502

actripxl

What about if its an .exe file, I assume thats when I run it under VPC let it do its thing and then drag it over?

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

See if StuffIt Expander can open the exe file. A lot of exes have a Zip header (which is actually a footer), and can be unzipped using a standard unzip app. I'm only speaking from experience on Windows, I've never tried something like this on the Mac.

7. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

There is a utility that will unstuff exe files. It is called unzipper it is freeware bundled with farmaker( a sims file type)
    here is the link
    http://www.baumfamily.org/farmaker/
    it is a very useful utility
    :)