Modding my 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by wonga1127, Mar 25, 2006.

1. wonga1127 macrumors 6502

Ok, my warranty finnaly ran out on my 360 and I am going to pay a local shop to mod it for me. All I am going to do is put LED's by the vents and inside the disc tray, to give a warm, glowy feel to it. the LED's are going to be white. Im also going to change the ring of light color to white

I was wondering if I should fork over 50 bucks to mod my controller too. I'd be changing the ring of light colors to blue and placing white LEDs behind the buttons. SHould i do the controllers too, or just the system,

2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Please explain. Aren't the warrentee's a year? And didn't the console come out in November? :confused:

Oh, and do the DVD-Drive firmware mod (iirc, it regionfrees it and it's DVD player)

3. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

4. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

there isn't one out yet is there?

5. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

He'll be a long time waiting. The DVD firmware hack was a major step, but there's still a while to go

6. bitfactory macrumors 6502

bitfactory

I think the warranty is only 90 days.

7. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

You can mod it yourself very easily, well i mean do the LED mods yourself anyway.

i dont remember where, but i have seen step by step directions somewhere online.

google that ish.

8. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

:eek: Stingy! :rolleyes: Most consumer electronic things have at least a year's warranty, if not three.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

This what is strange.

Warranty 90-days, but Guarantee is 12-months....

If it doesn't work you can still return within your guarantee period as your statutory rights apply..