Modem Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 64847, Feb 20, 2006.

1. 64847 Guest

My modem doesn't have sound anymore when connecting in OS X. - If I go to startup disk and boot into OS 9 the modem has sound while connecting.

I often have connection issues and like to hear the connecting process in case I have to disconnect and redial.

I think the sound stopped working after an update awhile ago.

Does anybody know of any tricks to fix this.

2. 64847 thread starter Guest

I tried deleting the modem scripts then restarted, but they did not regenerate themselves, so I put them back.

I then tried deleting the PPPserial folder the restarted, but it didn't work.

I couldn't find any type of sound options in the PPPserial plist files, or any other plist files or scripts.

How would I delete and re-install the modem?

Could my PPPserial folder be corrupted or would it be something else? Should I try to get that folder off another Mac that has working sound.

3. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

I'm curious, do you have the divx codec installed?

I know for a fact that divx 5.2.whatever for Mac(which didn't officially support Tiger) along with causing a screensaver bug (where the cursor stayed visible) it also disabled my modem's dialup noise(why I have no clue). I found that once I upgraded to the newest divx (version 6 for Mac was released a month or two ago I believe) my modem started making noise again.

4. 64847 thread starter Guest

Wow, thanks very much. That was it. That is crazy that divx does that.