Moderated posts

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Electcon, Jan 14, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Why does it now say that my posts are being moderated? It wasn't like that after I first signed up.

I know some forums do that at the beginning, but it wasn't like that originally.

2. Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Posts by new users may in some cases be checked to make sure they aren't from spambots. We're sorry for the brief delay it can produce, but it helps us keep spam out of the forums .

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

It's just odd that it only happen to posts in 1 thread and it started after I already made some normal posts.

4. Administrator

annk

Staff Member

It can happen anywhere on the forum when a post is made by a new member. It depends on a variety of things, which we're not going to divulge because that would - at least in part - defeat the purpose. :)

Like I say, we're sorry for the delay it can cause in some cases, but the overall advantages for the forum at large outweigh the temporary (for the individual member) inconvenience.

5. macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

iThink we can assume that “Electcon” is not a “spambot”. Not? ;-)

6. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

We had a temporary issue where a greater-than-intended number posts were being accidentally flagged and held for moderation review. The issue has been resolved, so very few legitimate users should now find themselves running into it.