Modern Perspective

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Dec 19, 2004.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004

All of the three major religions, Christianity, Judism, and the Muslims have had histories of horrible atrocitites of one sort of the other, but it is remarkable while we speak of whether or not a Christmas Tree can be on Government Property with a star on it, some are killed for converting to Christianity. It is a small world, with great distances between peoples.
  2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2003
    Washington, DC
    You know, there are almost a billion Hindus out there, and I've never heard of a religion called "the Muslims."

Judaism doesn't even crack the top 10 according to this website:

However, their methodology is very misleading by aggregating some belief systems together, although one could easily argue the "Christianity" and "Islam" are aggregate belief systems as there are numerous interpretations.
  3. blackfox macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2003
    interesting link, milo. Thanks.

A couple of interesting tidbits (for me):
    - that there are "christadelphians", which made me smirk for some reason.
    - that at one point, East Germany was 88% athiest.
    - there are enough scientologists in California to rank it in the top ten US religions.
    - that many Israelis are atheist
  4. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    I notice that Juche manages to break into the top 10 :rolleyes:

As long as we're on the topic of Juche, if you want a good laugh, try reading some North Korean news. It reads like excerpts from "1984"
  5. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    Islam isn't the problem, any more than Christianity being responsible for the atrocities committed in it's name. For all the complaining I do about us, I'm glad our government doesn't kill those who are not Christian. One needs only look back at WWII or the Crusades to see that wasn't always the case however. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop complaining either, it can always get better.