Modern Toss - any watchers?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Lau, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Lau Guest

I just watched the second of the new series of Modern Toss (not safe for work due to language, I'd imagine). Anyone else ever watched it? I'm in two minds about it – the bits I find funny I find incredibly funny, but some bits leave me cold. Mr. Tourette will never fail to amuse me. :D

I find it interesting, because it's a really strange transition from paper to screen, but I like the way they've done it. It's certainly a really stylish cartoon, and I think the visual jokes work particularly well, which ties in with someone who's got a good eye.

I look forward to it when it's on, so that must be a good thing. And their books are really nice, kind of like ladybird book size and cover, and also really good looking. And they use Cooper Black a lot, which I have a soft spot for.

Anyway, anyone else watch or read it? What do you think?

2. mpw Guest

Jun 18, 2004
    Caught the first one last week and thought it was, like you, great in places and weird in others.

It's odd you posted this 'cause, and don't take this the wrong way, it reminded me of you! Well your 'tar really and a dream I had about it a while ago....

Didn't see it tonight but I'll be looking out for it on more4 as a repeat.

It'll either fail miserably after this first series or they'll be really successful and die on their ass trying too hard 4 or 5 down the line like Little Britain.:(
  3. Lau thread starter Guest

I do go around posting absusive messages on people's signs, to be fair...;)

Actually, it's inspired me to try a few animations myself – I nearly became an amimator many moons ago, and as you all know, I do like drawing silly pictures. :D

I could be wrong, but I thought this was the second series? Or maybe I just saw a pilot episode before, I could be wrong.
  4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Aug 1, 2004
    The City of Culture, Englandshire
    I saw an episode of this a while back, which I think would have been the pilot – it would have been over a year ago now, I think. I couldn't make my mind up about it – some parts were hilariously funny, others totally unfunny. I liked Mr. Tourette the Master Signwriter, though.

And yes, there is a touch of Lauism about the drawing style. :D
  5. Brize macrumors 6502a

Jun 13, 2004
  6. Lau thread starter Guest

How amusing! No, I hadn't heard of that at all. I don't think I could do it with lots of people watching. :eek: :D

It's interesting that the three of us feel the same – i.e some bits really good and some bits nothing. (That was about Modern Toss by the way, not wanking :D)