Modern warfare 3 spoilers / official trailers!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by turbobass, May 14, 2011.

1. turbobass, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011

macrumors 6502

2. macrumors 603

quagmire

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

4. macrumors Core

Dagless

Really wish I could understand the appeal of these games, there's a new one every year so I imagine that keeps it feeling fresh.
    Although I don't think I could ever buy a £50 game that had (5 map) packs for £13 each!

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually I think BlackOps has been fairly well supported and will keep playing it happily up to and potentially past MW3 release though I am definitely getting and playing that too.

6. macrumors 603

quagmire

I haven't played Black Ops in awhile. I wasn't very impressed with BO coming from MW1 and MW2. I am still playing MW2 going playing No Russian and going in free for all and go, " Stabby Stabby" with my tactical knife. :)

7. macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Marathon lightweight ninja pro Tactical knife <3

8. macrumors 603

quagmire

The better knifing setup is marathon, lightweight, commando pro, and tactical knife.

9. macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Ninja pro is well worth it for those moments when you sneak up behind their whole team and take them out while they have no idea you're there

10. celticpride678

Some details on MW3:

1. Three game studios working on it: Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games, Raven Software

2. Infinity Ward has been told they will have no say in multiplayer (Sledgehammer Games will be solely working on multiplayer and Infinity Ward on single player)

3. Raven Software will be an "in the middle" guy, developing spec ops missions

So, hopefully this will be the first actually good CoD multiplayer game.

11. macrumors 603

quagmire

Just as long as I can have my knifing setup I will be happy.

But, there will never be a good COD multiplayer unless they figure out ways to stop camping(unless you're a sniper of course) and boosting( making sure tactical insertion is gone for good would help).

12. macrumors 68000

COD4 (and I guess WaW) were the last good CoD games. MW2 was alright for a bit, but once you get over the "new-ness" of it you realise how bad it is, and that everything is designed for newbs and casuals. Black ops copied this, which made it suck too. This looks like it'll have a good campaign, but if multiplayer is still for casuals, definitely won't even look at it.

13. macrumors 68000