Modest Mouse

Discussion in 'Community' started by Royal Pineapple, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

Has anyone here ever heard of this band?
    i have been a fan of their music for a while now, because it developed a sort of cult following at my boarding school a few years back. now they have releaced an album with a major record company (great album by the way) and i thought some people ought to check them out. they are on the iTMS and i for one feel that they are worthy of the cult following they have aquired
    also be sure to check out their side project -- Ugly Cassanova :)

2. alxths macrumors 6502

they've been one of my favorite bands for years now... I'm a little bothered now that they're somewhat mainstream though; not that i'm one of those 'i hate everything popular' people, but before it was rare to meet someone who knew of modest mouse, and it meant something.. now it just lets me know that they have a radio.

Anyways... some of my favorites by them are: summer, talking **** about a pretty sunset, birds vs worms, blah i could go on forever..

3. mrdeep macrumors member

yeah, they're awesome :)

one of their songs was on a commercial for a nissan minivan, i thought it was funny

4. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

(Warning, old fart jumping in uninvited)

Hey I remember back in the early 80s, for my birthday my brother bought me a CD from this obscure Irish band. The music just totally blew me away, but I didn't know anyone else who listened to these guys.

You see, almost no one had heard of U2 back then. :D Just be happy MM hasn't been on the cover of Time yet.

5. mstecker macrumors 6502

s$!t luck

My all time favorite MM song is "s$!t luck".

6. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

yeah, MM is good stuff. quite popular at my school - get a lot of play time on my (and everyone else's) radio show.