Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Looks interesting, and I'd be willing to give it a test, BUT...

1. I don't really know why I would want to mount my iPad on the wall. The suggestion that the slim mount can be used to mount the iPad to replace a TV is kind of ridiculous.

The picture on the website of the guy sitting in front of a computer and having his iPad mounted on the wall next to him is kind of odd, as well. He's sitting in front of a computer...capable of multi-tasking...and he has to use the iPad, as well, to pull things up?

2. The Quick stand looks interesting in that it attaches to the base securely, but the fact that the stand does not fold would limit its portability. I take my iPad on the road and need something that lies flat to put in my bag.

3. I do like the fact that it has a cover which protects the screen while travelling...

So far, I've tried out the Yoobao, the Chinao and am going to test the Cyber Acoustics when it arrives. I also have a Marware Sports case which I haven't yet tested.

As much as some features of this case seem enticing, I don't know if I can pull the trigger at that price.

Please let us know what you think of it when it arrives, OP.

Mcinfantry

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
I will. My main thing is traveling. And I want to make a dash mount to use it as a gps and car-puter

jeremy3721

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
Great, another case I want to try out :)

If the case itself is thin enough and feels good in the hand I'll probably give it a shot. (and if the build quality is good)

I tend to think it's over priced just a tad though. $70 seems a little more on target from the video.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Hey Guys,
I am an intern working with TEAM DODOcase and I would just like to let you all know that the DODO Ipad Case is a great product if you're looking for a thin, light and durable case for your Ipad which also looks great! This product is made like a book bound by a real authentic book binder here in San Francisco. Made with faux leather and encased in a bamboo frame. Bamboo is a lightweight but incredibly strong material which does a great job protecting your Ipad while at the same time giving it a classy and aesthetically appealing look. Another great feature would be the fact that you can prop up the case to comfortably type on any surface. We have also developed new corner pads which fit the Ipad firmly into the case. There are a lot of fantastic products out there that could also be considered, but the DODO Ipad Case is a great option.
Sincerely,
Team DODOcase

Hi...Thanks. Interesting case and worthy of a second look.

You might want to revise the pics on your website. The pic next to the word
"interior" looks like a bunch of toenail clippings.

I am somewhat concerned with the bright red interior fabric and the possibility of that bright and saturated looking color bleeding on to my iPad.

I would definitely love to hear some feedback on this case.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Hi...Thanks. Interesting case and worthy of a second look.

You might want to revise the pics on your website. The pic next to the word
"interior" looks like a bunch of toenail clippings.

I am somewhat concerned with the bright red interior fabric and the possibility of that bright and saturated looking color bleeding on to my iPad.

I would definitely love to hear some feedback on this case.

https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/139/

It has a big thread with lots of info.....

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Thanks, Tracey. I will check it out. I have bought so many cases (I think I'm becoming a case addict) that I haven't checked out all the threads...I must resist the urge to buy another....:D

I would be addicted to reading about cases and pondering if they would work for me :D (aka, i'm poor and can't impulse buy! LOL!!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.