MOH: Breakthrough worth it?

Discussion in 'Games' started by pgc6000, Sep 28, 2004.

1. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I need your opinion guys. I have the original MOH and I downloaded the Breakthrough demo and multiplayer is a blast. But I found it to be a bit choppy and slow. Would I be better off geting Spearhead?

2. tinydancer macrumors regular

I would say go with Spearhead before Breakthrough. I seem to get better online performace in Spearhead. Single player mode is frequently choppy in either of the two. Thus, I give online play priority. Most of the changes in terms of player models and new maps came through in Spearhead. I never use my Breakthrough disk anymore to access online games. I have reverted back to my Spearhead disk. I have an iMac G4 1 ghz with 1 gig of ram w/ and nVidia 4800, so unless you have a G5 PM or a new G5 iMac I wouldn't expect great gameplay with Breakthough. If your system specs are anythying like mine I would go with Spearhead. This is one man's opinion, hope it helps. See you online.

If you like online gaming with allied assult, you'll love Spearhead. It is much better..many improvements. I got Spearhead when it first came out and have been playing online ever since. It's my FPS of choice

3. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I have 933 MHz so I'm my specs are pretty close to yours. I first need to get COD: United Offnesive expansion but I'll look into spearhead after.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I wish Aspyr would fix the audio in Breakthrough, that's what seems to causing the slowness (on the MP maps anyway). That and the single player mode has no ammo available whatsoever...

5. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. applekid macrumors 68020

Spearhead has a huge frame rate bug. It will bring any gaming rig on either platform down to its knees. It's described as a snow level with a Nazi Halftrack, in single player, I believe. But anyways, Spearhead was full of bugs. Breakthrough has a few bugs, too, but Breakthrough would be the better choice stability wise. However, performance wise, Spearhead is supposed to be better (lower requirements).

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

8. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So in other words Spearhead is a better choice?

9. WhiteSavage macrumors regular

WhiteSavage

lol, Call of Duty would be MUCH better in the long run. :)

10. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have Call of Duty. It is a lot better then MoH. But that doesn't mean I don't like MoH

11. WhiteSavage macrumors regular

WhiteSavage

lol, yeah, I guess Budget and how much time you have devoted to gaming makes a difference too :p:p

12. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I used to play CoD too all hours. When I wasn't playing AoM. Which reminds me, I better set a pre-order for United Offensive.

13. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Same here. Something about MoH keeps begging me to play.

14. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well it's what got me into WWII shooters so it's just classic to me.