MOHAA Deluxe 1.14 udater problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by geppert, Jan 17, 2004.

1. geppert macrumors newbie

Just bought MOHAA deluxe and applied the 1.14 updater, HOWEVER, the game now asks for CD1 to be in the drive (which it is) and won't recognize it! I removed the CD and put it back in but still no luck. Does this mean I have to re-in stall the game to get back to a playable version? Is this a known issue, is there something I forgot to do? Also, this updater did not come from Aspyr's website since I couldn't connect to their ftp server (was there a problem with the 1.14 updater that caused them to kill the ftp site)? What is the current version of MOHAA for Mac??

Using G5 dual 2G, OSX 10.3.2

Thanks in advance.

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I've had problems with the 1.14 version too.
    That's the reason I use version 1.13. Game is still a little buggy (some unexpected quits), but version 1.13 was the best I have used, both on a Dual G4, and Dual 1.8 Ghz G5 with Radeon 9800.
    You can still get version 1.13 at Versiontracker.com.

Don't forget to activate dual processor acceleration!
    Here's how (you can activate console by typing "~" in the main menu screen):

Added Symmetric Multiprocessor (SMP) support for dual CPU Macintosh computers. It is activated by typing "set r_smp 1" in the game console. A "vid_restart" is required to make it active.

3. geppert thread starter macrumors newbie

MacsRgr8,

Thanks for the info. I am having problems finding a 1.1.3 patch anywhere including Versiontracker. The links all seem dead. There are plenty of 1.1.4 patches around but I just tried to install it again with no luck (same problems as before). Is the game really buggy in it's original version? If you could check your links and let me know if you find a 1.1.3 patch still available I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

4. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

i have the same problem..i mean the problem that it asks for cd1 when i try to install update 1.14 on a deluxe edition of mohaa
    does this update is needes only for bugs or it has some new weapons as well?
    coz as such i did not experience any bug..except once..in berlin mission suddenly barnes started running on his own!!! but when i quit n restarted the game it was ok..
    another one was that it wz too laggy at the top of the hill in bastogne...

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

You can get the 1.13 updater here .
    Hope it works for you :)

6. geppert thread starter macrumors newbie

MacsRgr8

Thanks, you've been very helpful. I did get the patch from your link.

Now here's the weird thing, after I used the 1.13 updater (which worked fine btw) the file version says 1.14 ... !!! not 1.13? go figure on that? Does your file version say 1.1.3?

About your suggestion for dual processor support ... a couple of questions (since I've never done this before).

I hit the ~ key which brought up the console ok. For the next part ....

Do I include the quotation marks when I type in "set r_smp 1" ... ?? and what do I do after that .... hit <return>?

Same thing with "vid_restart" ... do I use the quotation marks and do I hit <return> afterwards. Do I then hit ~ to exit the console or does a vid-restart do that automatically??

Do I have to do this everytime I run the game or is it saved in a settings file someplace?

What exactly does the dual processor support do for the game ... what differences will I see?

I am a bit new to FPS games and just finished RTCW which I REALLY enjoyed so after a bit if research I decided to try MOHAA and bought the deluxe DVD which also includes Spearhead. Weird thing, MOHAA runs without the CD but Spearhead does not?

I also have Halo but don't like the geeky characters as much. Everyone says MOH is a great game so I've started, although I'm still going though growing pains with it.

Apparantly CALL OF DUTY is scheduled to be the next killer FPS but won't likely see it until early summer (figures for mac). I have some friends that have already finished on the game boxes.

7. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

You're welcome.

Don't include the quotation marks. So, type:
    set r_smp 1 <return>
    (setting the Symmetric Multi Processing to "1" = "on")

then type:
    vid_restart <return>
    (to basically restart the game engine)

You only have to do this once. If you open the console again, you can scroll back and you will notice a line stating "Using SMP Acceleration" (or something similar).
    By adding SMP to the game, it basically takes advantage of a 2nd processor, thus you will be getting more framerates. As you have 2 processors, you should use them ;)
    BTW, also in the options menu, you should set all the options to the max, your Mac can cope easily. Don't forget the "advanced' menu too.
    MOHAA is my favorite FPS. It looks awesome, and I love the game play. Far nicer then RTCW (which is pretty good too). I feel the same about Halo as you.

Have fun!

PS. My version is 1.13.... (maybe re-install and then update?)

Attached Files:

8. geppert thread starter macrumors newbie

MacsRgr8

Thanks again.

I will try the console changes in a few minutes. I had already maxed all the settings out (great minds think alike I guess). I figured a G5 2.0 dual should handle anything!

Here's the thing I noticed with the updater you gave me. Although it says v 1.1.3 in the title, on the file is says v 7.1 and the 1.14 updater I was downloading (that was giving problems) was v 7.1.2 ... so in a weird way, I suspect what I downloaded from your site was actually a v 1.14 updater since the MOH file now reads 1.14 ... or there's voodoo on my hard drive somewhere. Anyway ... I'll go with it for now and see what happens.