Molly Ivins: MSM need to stop being Bush's accomplices

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

One of the better columns I've read recently:

My bold.

God love Molly Ivins. She's got the guts to say things other people won't.

Link

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

WTF is that???:eek:

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It's ok, she's just speaking Texan.

You can always count on Ivins for a good Texas saying thrown into her columns...

Personally I'd rather see a booted skunk match...

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

So is the media trying so hard to not be liberal (because of the whole liberal media myth) that they come off as conservative? Because that's what I was thinking during the whole Iraq thing. 9/11 really scared a lot of people, and the media was so afraid to say anything negative about Bush that they just seemed to go along with it. The only real thing they seemed to get on him about was Katrina. Or maybe it's just a ratings thing. Some things just aren't popular anymore, and some things, like the Plame case, never were. Or where the Abramoff things is undeniably a Republican problem, they still try to remain "non-partisan" by saying Dems are just as guilty even though they aren't at all.

Judging by the fact that according to recent polls, ~half of Americans are perfectly willing to throw their rights out the window for temporary perceived safety, while similtaneously supporting sending our troops out to die for "freedom", I'd say I can't neccessarily blame them for not making a big deal of it. Well, I can because that's their job. Which is actually kind-of frustrating for those of us paying attention who have to go out of our way to find out what's really going on and have to argue with people who don't.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Exactly. Does "Fair and Balanced" mean you have to give equal time to a holocaust denier if you do a story on the holocaust? Must one report that "Intelligent Design" is an alternative every time evolution is mentioned on the news? Moon landing conspiracy folks on TV opposite astronauts who've been there just to be fair?

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

just an fyi.

7. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Third time? Oh, man. :( Well, she's a tough babe, and if anybody can beat this, it's her.

Tough news, though...especially with what happened to Bob Woodruff today. :(