Money Management Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by M. Malone, Mar 24, 2006.

1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

hey everyone, I'm looking for software that can make my money management easier, I have a Windows machine that I am selling, I use Quicken on it, now I'v heard enough Mac Quicken horror stories to avoid it, my needs are simple, I want an app that can have all of my financial info, and updates them over the web, like my Windows Quicken does:

I open the app, I get all of the transactions I have made in two of my checking accounts, and all my credit card accounts, it updates everything by itself.

what app for my mac can do this? I tried Money Dance, but it doesn't support Wachovia bank or any of my credit cards.....thanks!

2. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I use Quicken for Mac and it works fine with my Wachovia checking account. Never had a problem.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I've used Quicken and a simple Excel spreadsheet. Quicken works just fine. Most of the horror stories and bad customer reviews come from having to upgrade yearly.

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I've used Quicken for many, many years. The main problem with it is that you have to upgrade every so often because they stop allowing you to use services such as downloading stock quotes for free. It's not really every year, though. I went from Quicken 2002 to 2005, and 2005 still works fine for me, although it's not perfect. I wrote a review of my transition experience on my blog. Here's the link.

I think a lot of the horror stories come when people try to do very specialized things and they don't quite work as advertised. I don't like downloading checking account information, for example, because it doesn't itemize things the way I prefer to, so it's easier just to enter things by hand.

6. kraftzwerg macrumors regular

That's a useful review, wordmunger. I'm glad I don't need this
    program so badly that I'm forced to support their way of
    doing business.

7. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

grapes911, Eidorian, wordmunger, thank you all so much for your help, all I do with Quicken really is download transactions from my checking account, credit cards, and pay bills, I hope the mac version can do all this stuff smoothly, also is there anywhere I can download a trial version to be sure it does what I want? thanks again