Money program to sync between MBP and IPAQ

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chiefillini, Oct 29, 2006.

1. chiefillini macrumors regular

First MBP is on the way and preparing for its arrival.
    Well from what I have found thus far, there is nothing to do this unless I get a palm and switch to quicken and I refuse to do this (get the palm), well maybe but not just yet due to cost. The only thing I can think to do is to install bootcamp and just use my current MS Money and syn IPAQ from here just for the money portion. I plan on using PocketMac Pro for everything else that I currently sync. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

2. AussieSusan macrumors member

Try before you buy...

I have PocketMac PRO and I would recommend that you test it VERY carefully before you part with your money. So far:
    1) it took them from January to about August to get the USB connection working (I bought mine copy in June believing their "fixed very shortly" comment)
    2) the distributed version works (on USB - the only was I have to connect to my old iPAQ 3660) the first time after a reboot. After that - nothing. You have to reboot the Mac to get a connection
    3) when it does connect, appointments from Entourage are 1 hour out in the iPAQ - when you try to chaneg it to the 'proper' time, you end up with a duplicate appointemnt on the Mac
    4) I've tried repeatedly (well, at least 3 times!) to report these errors on their web site and got no where - no response, even from asking them to send me my 'password' to see if anyting was actually working

If they were based here in Australia, I would have had them up on selling a product that was not fit for purpose and not providing any support. I would ask for my money back but I can't get any response from them.

As a 'work around', I found that using MS ActiveSync under Parallels seems to work, but I don't want all of my mail and appointments going via that.

"Your milage may differ" - in fact I would like to hear if anyone gets their product to work. Currently mine is dead in the water - and is the only thing that doesn't work on my Mac.

Susan