Monicals Pizza and Mac

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by laidbackliam, Apr 26, 2006.

1. laidbackliam macrumors 6502

I work at a midwestern (mainly illinois based) pizza chain called Monicals Pizza. The store runs everything on Mac's. Our Point of Sale machines, taxes, paychecks, etc, on Macs. We're opening a new store close to our current store, as our current one is a tad too small. I went over there the other day, and my jaw dropped. 9 brand new 17" g5 iMacs. and all they're going to be used for is ordering pizza. we use a POS system that is designed specifically for the company, and its a nice program, but MAN, 9 IMACS? I ALMOST TOOK ONE. 9 is too many, you know?

2. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Wow.
    That Is So Awesome.
    You're Lying. It's Too Amazing.
    Awesome. :d

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That's crazy good. Soon you can work on an essay, surf the net, iChat, "organize your iLife", sell some pizzas, and listen to music. :confused:

4. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I'm gonna have to go check out our local Monical's to see what their set up is. Although I agree that 9 computers does seem a little over kill.

5. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

eh I'm not sure what the set up is there, but ya gotta figure it's the equivelant of having 9 cash registers, I mean wallmart has like 10 or so registers, they arean't always all in use, but they are there.

6. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I just got back from Aruba where one day we ate at a Pizza joint that had everything running on Macs. It was funny 'cause while the music was playing you could hear the iTunes chime everytime a CD was done ripping.

7. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

That might be for screens that receive it ... or the boss might be expensing one for the office or home.

8. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    damn that rules...i've never seen or heard of anything like that...

I've never seen a Mac..in any business really, other than ad agencies and tv shows...

you're lucky to have macs at work...makes me want to go back into the pizza business

9. laidbackliam thread starter macrumors 6502

nothings expensed

one for the carry out window (the hell does a pizza place have carry out windows for? i know not)

i believe 3 for upfront cash registers, 3 for the serveres to uses, thats 7, then 1 for the deli drivers (THATS ME) and another for the office. but we'll also be using the eMac we've had as a server computer.

TEN MACS that are seriously overpowered for the job that they will be doing.

i asked the IT guy why he didn't get the intel iMac instead of the g5, and he said that he's got the POS software optimised for the G5 and G4 processors, and hasn't had time to recode in universal yet.

either way, we might lose one......

10. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I did okay with the original post, but I definitely had the wrong interpretation of "POS" in my brain this time around. :D

11. laidbackliam thread starter macrumors 6502

haha! i'm so used to just saying POS instead of saying Point of Sale, that when someone says POS car, i think twice before saying anything.

12. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

iLife '07. Now with iSlice.
    Your photos, music, movies, DVD's, blogs and pizza. To Go.