Monitor for mac mini

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by eeeRIE, Aug 11, 2005.

1. eeeRIE macrumors member

Jan 30, 2005
    My uncle has always used windows and hated it. Now he just got laid off from his job, so since his computer belonged to his company he lost that. So since he's unemployed he wants a cheap computer. I of course am trying to get him a mac mini.

I was thinking he would shop macmall, as that's what I've always done.

What does he need? He still has a monitor from an old windows computer, how do I know if that would work with a mac mini, and if it's not compatible what would be the best deal we can get for his monitor?
  2. reberto macrumors 65816

Jul 20, 2005
    If the monitor is VGA, you should be good to go. The Mini comes with a DVI to VGA adaptor. I don't know what kind of DVI the Mini has.....
  3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Aug 9, 2002
    It's definitely compatible, it just may or may not need an adapter (though chances are it won't need any adapter other than the one that comes with the Mac mini).
  4. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

Mar 6, 2005
    All monitors made in the last 10 years will be compatible with the mac mini, maybe even older than that so long as they use VGA...

Don't forget you need to get a USB keyboard and mouse, not the ones with the normal PC connectors...

5. iEdd macrumors 68000

Aug 8, 2005
    A monitor with DVI will just work.
    A monitor with VGA will work with the supplied adaptor.
    A monitor with ADC will work if you purchase an adaptor from apple.

I'd say it's #2... I highly doubt it is #3. lol

Make sure you use a USB keyboard, preferably a mac one. PS/2 ones won't work.