Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Satchmoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi guys,
Im looking for a new desktop monitor for my MacBook Pro mid-2009. I'm looking for something in the 22"-24" range without the need for a huge amount of adapters, the laptop supports Mini DisplayPort (up to 2560×1600).

I am not doing any graphic works besides tampering with a few photos now and then, but simply need the monitor for more screen real estate when working on papers, spreadsheets etc.

My work-provided HP EliteBook is equipped with DisplayPort and VGA-ports which also needs to be connected occasionally.

I am clueless within this category of hardware to be honest, so any buying tips will be greatly appreciated.

Budget is no more than USD 300.00

pjfan

macrumors regular
May 24, 2009
Columbus OH
Hi guys,
Im looking for a new desktop monitor for my MacBook Pro mid-2009. I'm looking for something in the 22"-24" range without the need for a huge amount of adapters, the laptop supports Mini DisplayPort (up to 2560×1600).

I am not doing any graphic works besides tampering with a few photos now and then, but simply need the monitor for more screen real estate when working on papers, spreadsheets etc.

My work-provided HP EliteBook is equipped with DisplayPort and VGA-ports which also needs to be connected occasionally.

I am clueless within this category of hardware to be honest, so any buying tips will be greatly appreciated.

Budget is no more than USD 300.00

For your work, and frankly for most people, I highly recommend IPS monitors. If you can afford this one, it's what I would go if I could stretch the $300 budget. Dell's P2416D.

If you go with an IPS moniter, you'll likely be happy.

Reactions: Satchmoo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.