Monitor for Powerbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by edge540, Sep 6, 2005.

1. edge540 macrumors regular

edge540

I'm a college student looking for more real estate on my computer, i really really like the apple displays and im leaning towards them. I was wondering where the cheapest place to get one is? And if anyone has any monitors around the same size ~20" that look as good but are cheaper, please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Bryan
    P.S. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the refund from the iPod settlement?

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I have beenwondering the same thing about the refund. I would go with a dell 20 inch.

3. Euan macrumors regular

Well I don't know of any that look like the Apple Cinema screens :D

A lot will recommend the Dell screens and rightly so they are very impressive.

My personal choice would be an Apple but I can understand with cost, etc that it may not always be first choice.

Good luck!

4. godbout macrumors regular

Get the Dell 20" widescreen. From what I understand they have the LCD as the ACD 20" just in a different cheaper enclosure. You can get great deals from them and I know it is a dell but this time you really would be paying twice as much for the ACD and NOT be getting better hardware.

PS if money is not an issuse get the sweet ACD!

5. edge540 thread starter macrumors regular

edge540

I finally ordered the ACD. It's arriving on Friday! I cant wait... its going to be a pretty sweet set up, nice 15" Powerbook (1.5Ghz, 128Mb Video) with a 20" Aluminium display. Money is really not an issue right now... hehehe.

6. Euan macrumors regular

7. Ikstej24 macrumors regular

I wish money wasn't an issue....enjoy your display.

I bought the Dell because of the inputs.