Monitor Recommendations

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by zflauaus, Jul 25, 2005.

1. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I am in the market for a new LCD monitor to replace my 15" CRT. I currently don't have a Mac but will be getting an iBook soon. I am not just waiting for the updates, I'm also waiting for more money. I was looking at the Westinghouse 17" widescreen LCD. Does anybody have this monitor? Do you like it? Have you had any problems with it? Thanks for the info.

2. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

One word: Dell

I love the Dell 2005FPW. And for under $400 for a 20" wide screen, it can't be beat.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I prefer to own an Apple LCD Display. It may cost a little more, but represents quality. If you purchase it with the iBook, then it can be covered with AppleCare also.

4. Mood macrumors regular

Mood

uhhhhhh apple quality is crap quality. there powerbooks are crap featurewise, so they stymy the ibook even though the ibook is better.

and besides the apple lcd is the same one in the dell lcd.

5. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the info guys. I am not really sure whether to get the Dell or the Westinghouse. The Dell looks awesome, so I might lean towards that. Thanks again!

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

The Dell monitor uses the same panel as the Apple monitor and its way cheaper. So, I'd recommend the Dell as well. In this case, you can't beat it!

7. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Generally the best LCD's for the money

are the Dell 20", Apple 20", Dell 24" Apple 30" in order of affordability.

The Dell 24" uses Samsung LCD where
    both the 20" models use Philips.