Monitor setting problem, can any one help?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by adriatic, Mar 16, 2005.

1. adriatic macrumors newbie

I was changing the monitor settings as I purchased a new monitor, I accidentally accepted a setting with a refresh rate that the monitor cannot handle, so now the screen is not readable (wavey lines and such).
    I have OSX installed on both drives so I booted up from the second drive (the one I am using now to type this) and the monitor setting is fine.

When I try booting up from the first drive the monitor setting is still screwed.

I have tried zapping PRam as I thought the monitor settings would be reset but they are not ! I even tried over writing what I thought to be monitor settings from the start up folder on drive 1 with the files on drive 2 but that din't work either

How can I restore the monitor settings on drive 1 so I can boot up the OS on that drive again ?

If anyone knows a simple way I would be very greatful.

Thanks,
    Adriatic

2. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

3. adriatic thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved !!!

Hey Dot Dot Dot,

Thanks buddy that did it ! I thought I'd tried booting up in safe mode by holding shift down, but I don't think I held the shift button down for long enough.

This time it worked and I have changed the monitor setting back to something that works.

Thanks again !!

:)