Monitor setting problem, can any one help?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by adriatic, Mar 16, 2005.

1. adriatic macrumors newbie

Mar 16, 2005
    I was changing the monitor settings as I purchased a new monitor, I accidentally accepted a setting with a refresh rate that the monitor cannot handle, so now the screen is not readable (wavey lines and such).
    I have OSX installed on both drives so I booted up from the second drive (the one I am using now to type this) and the monitor setting is fine.

When I try booting up from the first drive the monitor setting is still screwed.

I have tried zapping PRam as I thought the monitor settings would be reset but they are not ! I even tried over writing what I thought to be monitor settings from the start up folder on drive 1 with the files on drive 2 but that din't work either

How can I restore the monitor settings on drive 1 so I can boot up the OS on that drive again ?

If anyone knows a simple way I would be very greatful.

2. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
  3. adriatic thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 16, 2005
    Solved !!!

Hey Dot Dot Dot,

Thanks buddy that did it ! I thought I'd tried booting up in safe mode by holding shift down, but I don't think I held the shift button down for long enough.

This time it worked and I have changed the monitor setting back to something that works.

Thanks again !!