Monitor speaker(s)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by KipCoon, Nov 28, 2006.

1. KipCoon macrumors regular

KipCoon

Anyone reccomend a good brand for a shelf monitor speaker. Or even ones that come in a set? Self amplified and pretty decent range of sound to use an iPod with.. ?

Not wanting the speakers + Sub combo..

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i've had good experiences with both Bose and Creative. my current Creatives are a speaker+sub combo but i'm sure you could find just the speakers on their website. Bose is a little more expensive.

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

4. KipCoon thread starter macrumors regular

KipCoon

Thats what I'm looking for, heck even a single speaker is fine for what I need it for, but those M-Audio's look like a good setup. Just hope I can find a local dealer to maybe hear them in advance.

Thanks!

5. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Glad to help.

One piece of advice when you get it... Before you grab the speakers out of the box, check very carefully the orientation of the speakers and don't put your fingers anywhere near the tweeter. There's something about the packaging and design of the speaker that makes it really easy to push the tweeters in with your fingers as you're getting them out of the box if you're not careful.

6. KipCoon thread starter macrumors regular

KipCoon

Ah good to know.

Any sites you reccomend for the speakers thats reliable and fairly cheap-er? :D