Monitors

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by g5_11, May 27, 2005.

1. g5_11 macrumors member

g5_11

Hi there. I am looking for 2 monitors that I can use for dual display. I am on a budget and I would like if they were under 300 each. Anyone have any suggestions. It doesn't matter if it is crt or lcd.

Thanks

2. mkubal macrumors 6502a

You could try looking through newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Category.asp?Category=19

The sales are on that front page. Also there are usually customer reviews for each item. You can read through those while keeping in mind that people tend to think that what they bought is the greatest thing ever.

I couldn't really suggest one though. I tend to buy Apple monitors. Especially when they are attached to the computer (iMac).

I'm sure some of the replies here will suggest you check out Dell also.

3. g5_11 thread starter macrumors member

g5_11

4. noel4r macrumors 6502a

If you're interested, I'll sell you my Sony SDM-HS73 17" LCD for $225.00. You can PM or email me.

5. hhlee macrumors 6502

I highly suggest you go with Dell Ultrasharp monitors...well, depending on what kind of work you do. I've always thought they were great but I don't do video editing.

Lots of websites will often post deals like coupons to dell... you can try fatwallet.com or slickdeals.net

A few months ago, I got a 17 inch lcd for 150 post rebate. Now that's sweet!

6. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I second that. Dual 17 inch displays with DVI is pretty much the best you can do. I'd reccommend either a Dell 1704FPV or a Acer 17 inch. Both a good monitors that can be had for under $300. Why not just get one twenty inch.