Monkey Island Style games for mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by speakerwizard, Sep 25, 2006.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

Hiya guys, im looking for adventure point and click style games (like monkey island, simon the sorcerer etc) for mac, so any fans of these games out there know of any good ones, or mac only ones, OSX only please (no classic), thanks guys

2. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

You're pretty much out of luck. No one is really making point and click adventure games anymore. You can get Sarien and SCUMMVM to replay the older Sierra (Kings/Space Quest) and Lucas Arts (Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion) games.

There's also an application called Adeventure Game Studio which is sort of a Point and Click Adventure game creation kit... there's no editor for OS X but there is a (beta) reader program to play the games. Last I used it there was no sound, but otherwised worked pretty well. There's lots of games for that system of varyins quality, but there's one guy who has done some good games called 7 Days a Skeptic and 5 Days a Stranger.

Sam and Max is mounting a comeback as well, so there's some hope there. Other than that (and the afore mentioned fan made games) the genre is not quite dead, but it's breathing is getting shallow.

3. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

thanks for that, pretty much what i thought about the genre, i have scummvm for her old pc scumm games, ill check out the kit based games to, its a shame the latest broken sword game is pc only, would be perfect but no intel mac for her yet.