Monopoly CD-ROM and OS 9 VS OS X for the love of god can't it just WORK!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by LimeiBook86, Dec 30, 2002.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I have recieved a Monopoly CD-ROM for Macintosh for christmas, yeah I wanted it because I had cracked the original disc. Now it says it requires OS 7.5 and a 2x CD-ROM and other things. Now I can install it into my Dad's G4 just fine but durring the installation it says to switch to the Finder, It also asked me if I wanted to install an older version of SoundManager, I said NO, which you can't do. So after it installs the Finder tells you that the Installer has unexpectedly quit. This has happened to me with other older Mac Games before so it didn't scare me. Now the CD-ROM is in the drive and I click on the appliaction and what does it tell me, THE CD-ROM IS NOT IN THE DRIVE, now I read the readme and it says turn Virtual Memory off, but it is already off, also it says delete the prefs, I can't even find the prefs under System Folder> Prefrences. So I copy teh CD to my HD so I can preserve it incase I broke the disc agian. So now I use Disc Copy and make the folder I copied a image. I do that and it still says there is no monopoly disc in the drive. Now I try loading the Monopoly disc through my FireWire CD bruner... Still nothing. Finaly I give up....

Now I try to put it on my iBook which has Mac OS X 10.1.5 only... I pop in a 9.2 CD and it can't install until I do a CLEAN INSTALL which I already have done liek 3 times so I am not going to do that AGIAN. I am geting Jaguar today, should I install OS 9 first then install Jaguar? Jeeze... All I want to do is play some 3D Monopoly game form Hasbro made in 1996 and it won't work... Do I have to bring out my Cetris 650 and my PowerMac 7500 from the attic and play it? This is so anoying....

Help Please... :(

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That sounds as if it's the old Monopoly that used to come with the Performas and System 7.1 not the more recent one (3D version from Hasbro).

3. kenkooler macrumors regular

You can emulate an older MacOS version so you don't have to play around trying to make it work.
    www.emulation.net

4. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

IT IS The 3D Monopoly one, it is on a CD-ROM and the cover of the game brags about 3D objects and Internet play... stupid game...