Monster Y-Splitter for iPod MP3 Players Alternatives?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ashon3611, Feb 22, 2005.

1. ashon3611 macrumors member

ashon3611

I am installing a Pioneer receiver in my car and having an auxiliary input adapter installed in the back to accept an RCA patch cable...

I don't understand why people would want an Ipod only adapter installed... Besides to beable to navigate their collection on the deck... What if someone has an Ipod shuffle or god forbid an iRiver or Rio device to hookup to my car stereo system... jk :p

Pioneer CDRB10 (Auxiliary Iput Adapter for P-Bus Receivers)

Anyways the only wire I can find that would connect as an RCA patch cable while having it be a headphone plug on the other side is the Monster Y-Splitter for iPod MP3 Players but for 29.99 there's got to be cheaper alternative... we're talking about a freakin wire, not a FM transmitter... Thnx in advance.

Wreck'em Tech

2. mcgarry macrumors 6502a

mcgarry

I picked one up from RadioShack for @$5-6. Don't know if there's tangible quality difference, especially with compressed music files ... my guess is for most people, they sound the same, but I don't know.

like this, right?

3. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Yep just go to your local radio shack for sure, they will have what you need for about $5

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

monster is overpriced crap, imo and in many others'. for a car stereo and its less than ideal listening environment, pumping already sonically compromised (i.e. mp3 compression) over an expensive cable makes little sense. get yerself to Radio Shack.

btw, Monster is on a legal tear trying to protect their various copyrights on the word 'monster'. it's leaving a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

5. ashon3611 thread starter macrumors member

ashon3611

Crap my friend's pet rabbit is named Monster... no more rabbit pellets after the lawsuit then :(

thnx all