Monster's Inc. Apple advertisement!

Discussion in 'Community' started by MUrhino, Apr 20, 2003.

1. MUrhino macrumors regular

MUrhino

Hi all. I just watched Monster's Inc. again and noticed something that I thought was pretty cool. Near the end of the movie when Mike is looking at the magazine, he turns it so we get a glimpse of the back cover. I noticed there's a computer on it and thought just maybe it's an Apple (since Steve Jobs owns Pixar and all), and low and behold it is....sort of. The computer looks like a generic computer, but at the bottom there's a logo (can't make it out although it's an apple) and it says "Scare Different".

One other thing is that one of the toys in Boo's room is the orange and white fish from the new movie "Finding Nemo".

You guys probably already know this, but I love how Pixar always puts other characters in their movies and does little things that us Mac users can appreciate. That's all I've got.

Have a good one! :D

2. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

I recently posted a thread about seeing the President of Pixar speak at the University where I work. He showed almost 5 minutes of Finding Nemo, a continuous scene, not just a trailer of clips. It looked incredible.

They are a cool company. On the Monster's Inc dvd, i like in the extras where they show this room they made out of a duct junction. Look for it, awesome.

3. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
  4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i believe their rendering-farm is now intel based, yes.

sad, too. if there were a decent chip in PowerMacs, they might have stuck with them...

pnw

5. Computer_Phreak macrumors 6502

i hope finding nemo is as successful as Monsters Inc.

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Nah, finding Nemo is good, but 'The Invisibles' is gonna kick.

7. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Hmmm....

I've vaguely heard mention of "The Invisibles" but have no idea what it's about. Any hints? Thanks! :D

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm suprised that Steve Jobs hasn't fixed that problem, since he owns Pixar! Seems like he's hurting both companies! :confused:

9. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

The title is actually "THE INVINCIBLES"

http://www.animated-movies.net/TheIncredibles.html

The movie will follow the adventures of a dysfunctional family of high-profile superheroes; Mom, Dad, superpowered kids and possibly grandparents. The comedic spin comes into play when their family disagreements start manifesting during their superpowered battles with bad guys. What are you supposed to do when your superpowered teenage daughter starts to date the son of your arch-nemesis, and the juvenile delinquent has x-ray vision? There's talk of even including a cameo from Jerry Springer as he shows the audience some really dysfunctional superheroes.

10. janey macrumors 603

janey

also, if you listen to the commentary in the movie Monsters Inc. you see "Laugh Different" i believe in the back, the banner as "an homage to steve jobs our ceo's other company Apple computers"

11. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Very funny.

Thanks uber-duber. That's good info.

Thanks for the synopsis, Peter!