"Moof" Lives On!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Hemingray, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Okay, this might not be the most exciting thing ever, but I just noticed this when I went to open a document from a Windows file server. I was in Classic, running Photoshop 6 under Mac OS X 10.3.3. Has anyone else noticed this?

Or has this always been there? If so, sorry for a stupid thread. If not, has anyone noticed any other "easter eggs" or "in-joke" references since OS X? They seem to be getting rarer and rarer, which I think takes some of the fun out of being both a user and a programmer.

Attached Files:

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I have wondered what has happened to all those cute easter-eggs too....

I'm afarid Apple wants Macs and Mac OS to be seen as a professional IT solution.... easter-eggs, I'm afarid, don't fit in this world.
    We're all about UNIX, Open Standards, Windows & Linux compatibility, cost & ownership, servers, RAID.... you get the feeling.
    Easter-eggs were cute, but don't contribute to the "professional" look of Apple: new-style.

I loved the easter-egg hunting, sharing with friends and having a good laugh over 'em. I think that belongs to Apple (rich) past now...

3. janey macrumors 603

janey

OS X is based on UNIX...tons of interesting and hidden things in there that could possibly qualify as easter eggs ;)
    One thing Mac OS X has that Windows doesnt: cookie recipe :D