"Moof" Lives On!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Hemingray, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    Okay, this might not be the most exciting thing ever, but I just noticed this when I went to open a document from a Windows file server. I was in Classic, running Photoshop 6 under Mac OS X 10.3.3. Has anyone else noticed this?

Or has this always been there? If so, sorry for a stupid thread. If not, has anyone noticed any other "easter eggs" or "in-joke" references since OS X? They seem to be getting rarer and rarer, which I think takes some of the fun out of being both a user and a programmer.

Attached Files:

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

Sep 8, 2002
    The Netherlands
    I have wondered what has happened to all those cute easter-eggs too....

I'm afarid Apple wants Macs and Mac OS to be seen as a professional IT solution.... easter-eggs, I'm afarid, don't fit in this world.
    We're all about UNIX, Open Standards, Windows & Linux compatibility, cost & ownership, servers, RAID.... you get the feeling.
    Easter-eggs were cute, but don't contribute to the "professional" look of Apple: new-style.

I loved the easter-egg hunting, sharing with friends and having a good laugh over 'em. I think that belongs to Apple (rich) past now...
  3. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    OS X is based on UNIX...tons of interesting and hidden things in there that could possibly qualify as easter eggs ;)
    One thing Mac OS X has that Windows doesnt: cookie recipe :D