Moon Shot From Tonight

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by harcosparky, Jun 19, 2008.

1. macrumors 68020

Here is the setup ....

Canon 40D
    Meade ETX90 Telescope
    Exposure 1/30

Live view with 10X zoom to check focus helped a great deal.

I like the crater detail along the edges in the upper right quadrant.

No editing other than cropping and some slight compression to make it fit website limits.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors regular

Great pic! :D i've been trying for some time to get one like this. ill have to try tonight with you're settings. I'll try and remember to post my results if you'd like! :)

3. macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Very nice!
    I will be reading up on the Meade this weekend since those 90 "something" model #'s from the gfs telescope are on the box somewhere :rolleyes:
    It does have the end/eye piece you described in the other thread that can swap out for lack of a better term for an adapter of sorts and some type of connection for either a usb cable or some type of cable but not sure.
    Anyway looking toward a great summer of night/moon photography with some stars and (here's hoping) some other planet pics as well!
    Keep showing some cool shots :D

4. thread starter macrumors 68020

I am setup ( sort 0f ) for some really cool shots if I am there within the short window of +/- 5 minutes.

As the moon comes up over the horizon it come up behind some trees. This one particular angle shows one tree quite well.

I do hope to be here in time to capture that image.

5. macrumors regular

oh man! the clouds totally blocked out the moon last night. ill try again tonight