Moore loses in Alabama

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iSaint, Jun 6, 2006.

1. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    Roy Moore, famous for his stand on keeping the ten commandments monument on display in a public building, has lost his bid for the Republican gubernatorial nomination.

No news on the amendment to ban gay marriages in Alabama.
  2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Apr 7, 2003
  3. iSaint thread starter macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    It's going to pass.

"I'm all man, so I ain't got nothing to do with that," said Rembert, 32, of Montgomery. "I go by what the Bible says — man and woman."

[sarcasm]I love it.[/sarcasm]

And I go by a lot of what the Bible says as well.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    Any of you Americans read The Handmaid's Tale? Cause if so you'll probably agree with me that it might be high time to start calling the US "Gilead."

I'm not gay but I'll fight for any cause that attempts to bring everybody's rights to an equal standing. I think the biggest cause right now would be to get religion the hell out of politics. Actually, get it the hell out of public life, religion should be a private expression of faith not some excuse to literally and metaphorically kick the crap out of minorities. Christianity came from Judaism - a minority group that has had the crap kicked out of them for thousands of years, the Christians broke off as a new religion, gained some power and seemed to forget how much it sucked being vilified for so long.

Now, don't get me wrong, I will fight for your right to practice any religion you want so long as people aren't subjected to discrimination or have your beliefs forced upon them. Have religion if it's essential to how you live your life, but have an open mind too.

And let gay people marry, what harm could it possibly do? Honestly, denying two people who love each other the right to legally express themselves as a union is just archaic bullsh*t that should've left us when the dark ages did. Time to aim for a new period of enlightenment people.
  5. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Good riddance to this son of a bitch, but bad news of the bill passes
  6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    From iSaint's link:

Yeah, bad news. (You expected anything else?) But good riddance to that idiot Moore, at least.
  7. XNine macrumors 68040

Apr 7, 2005
    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I have no doubt that most places in the south, as well as Indiana, Wyoming, Montana, and the Dakotas will pass this kind of bill. When you get down to it, these are the places best known for their rednecks, cowboys, racists and bigots.

Expect to see these places do the same thing soon.
  8. Lyle macrumors 68000

Jun 11, 2003
    Madison, Alabama
    As I've noted in these forums before, this result was not a big surprise. Moore has has been trailing the incumbent (Riley) in the polls by a huge amount, for some time now.

I don't believe that anyone in Alabama (including Moore himself) seriously believed that Moore had a chance of winning the Republican nomination. People outside of the state, on the other hand, seemed to think this election was a real nail-biter. :D