Mophie iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DanUC6, Nov 8, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Going to say December 4th...have no idea why just thought I would throw it out there.

2. macrumors 6502

.........lol?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

I just hope they get their whole loose USB fixed. How hard can it be!

4. macrumors member

December 24th.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Dangerous selection!

6. macrumors member

I like to live on the wild side.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

MOPHIE!!!!!!!!!!! Give us some clues!!!

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

Very few Mophie fans I guess.

9. macrumors 6502a

HowEver

Very few indications of when...

My guess: January 5.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502

The thread lives!!!!!

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

12. thread starter macrumors 6502

Bump-a-lump

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

I am getting the impression that there is nothing planned. I mean they can't even give us a hint as to when this thing will be released, or what it looks like. Every other case maker gave a few anticipatory designs. This is frustrating. All they say anytime someone contacts them is " We are working on it, Mophie loves you!" Cmon Man!!!!

14. macrumors newbie

I wonder how they're going to deal with the headphone jack.
    The part of the case that connects it to the phone and covers the bottom of the phone has always been a much wider part of the case than the rest of the case's border.
    And the iPhone 5's headphone jack is also located at the bottom of the phone along with the lightning port.

With this part of the phone completely covered by the case, how will it be possible to access the headphone jack with the case on?

15. macrumors 6502

Good point, looks like they'll have to build an extension or cut out the corner?

Hope it lines up good!!

16. macrumors 6502

If it is anything like their iTouch ones, they built a pass through jack in those and relocated a new jack to the bottom of the case itself.

17. macrumors 6502a

I've been watching for these as well. My guess is it's the lightening adapter that is taking so much time, but we are starting to see some speaker docks and other 3rd party accessories at least announced, hopefully Mophie comes to the plate with their offering soon!

18. macrumors 6502

vsighi

I'm a Mophie fan, after I spend $$$ on DRACOdesign, SPECK, BELKIN:mad:...I do want to have a Mophie on my new iPhone 5. I hope they will have multi colored cases to choose from and not be stuck like Element Case with one color at the beginning :cool:

If we don't have it before Christmas...that is becouse some how down the production line...was an error:eek:

19. thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't know what to think anymore. Almost every company will tell its customers a few specifics like, just finishing up the details, and few weeks, anything. I have seen Twig, Rokform, Element Case, etc do this. I have continued to follow the Facebook page and people are getting downright violent. While we must remain peaceful, a simple view into the future would be appreciated.

20. macrumors newbie

I used a Mophie on my 4 & 4S, great product.. Got tired of waiting on the coming soon promise. So I found something a little better, looks very promising! .. (www.iExpander.com) I placed my pre-order yesterday! Release date some time 1st quarter 2013, now this battery case is worth waiting for, at least for me it is...

21. thread starter macrumors 6502

22. macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

So, if the contest ends Jan 14th, is that the release date? I'm not holding my breath for another update...

23. macrumors 6502

I hope so... It'll be awesome to have the morphie case finally

24. thread starter macrumors 6502

I hope so too...I have tried to keep my iphone sans case and it is difficult. I really hope it is strictly lightning and no more micro-usb. That would be sweet.

25. macrumors 6502

I tweeted Mophie back as soon as they mentioned the giveaway on twitter, asking if that indicated that the iPhone 5 cases would be available on 1/15. They responded noting that they could not promise but that their fingers were crossed. So it looks like we're getting close. I'm excited, I was really hoping these would be out by Christmas.