Mophie Juicepak for iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Wicked1, Oct 12, 2011.

1. macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Does anyone know if the standard 1500mah JP works on an iPhone 4S? I am thinking of getting one only because with all the stuff in the 4S I can see battery life being a little worse especially on Enhanced 3G up to 14.2?

I know it is early but I am wondering if there is someone out there that has read something about this or if they are coming out with a whole new case/battery?

2. macrumors regular

I emailed them and this is the response I got...

Thank you for contacting mophie!

From all the details Apple has provided publicly about the dimensions of both the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, we expect our product will fit perfectly. We have not, however, had a chance to test with an iPhone 4S as they are not shipping until 14 October.

3. thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Thank you for the info, but you would think that as a supplier of parts for the iPhone Apple would have let them know this or given them one to test?

I hope this is good news, I really will need one with work email, web, sms, etc I barely get a day out of my battery before charging it.

Thanks again for the post

4. macrumors regular

I will be getting a mophie juice pack plus in soon and I'll report back. Should be here soon.

5. macrumors newbie

6. macrumors regular

Looking forward to your report. :)

I need more juice! Even with my current Mophie I sometimes come close to running out of battery. I stream radio a lot and use the gps a lot, among all the other crap I do on the phone.

7. macrumors member

If someone wants to bring me their 4s, I'll let you know. My 4s is still backordered, but my Mophie gets here tomorrow :(. Weird that AT&T handled the shipping of the Mophie no problem.

8. macrumors regular

I am currently using a regular mophie juicepack and I like it so far. It really doesn't provide enough charge for me on my iPhone as the iPhone battery is draining quickly now. However it does help a ton and I'm not always scrambling to find a charger.

Can't wait to get my juicepack plus in.

9. macrumors 6502a

woo for taking one for the team!:D

10. macrumors regular

cc2096

I asked the same question of Mophie and was given the same response. I did note that they market the Juice Pack Plus (the model I have) as suitable for both AT&T & Verizon. And as far as I know the design of the 4S is the same as the Verizon design, so in theory it should work no problem. We'll find out tomorrow, it's the first thing I'm checking after I open my phone since I'm leaving on a trip for the weekend. :D

11. metsjetsfan, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

macrumors 6502a

confused as they say Juice pack air is compatible with all ip4 models before ip4s came out.(assuming this includes VZ)

12. macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I just put my 4S in the mophie. It works fine. The mute button is not centered, but is accessible and useable. If you're buying one, I'd say wait to see if they make a new one, but if you have one, it works just fine.

13. macrumors 6502a

Is that the Juice pack air you're using? charging and everything working ok? And camera?

thanks for posting.

14. macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Juice pack Plus. Everything works.

One caveat: it was a bitch to take back off...

15. macrumors 6502a

thanks again. anyone try the juicepack air yet?

16. macrumors 6502

To make it easier to get off, rub the palm of your hand on the back of the glass before putting it in. The natural oils from your hands keep the glass from sticking to the inside of the case.

17. macrumors 601

brand

Mophie is not a parts supplier for the iPhone. They are an accessory supplier for the iPhone. Its a big difference. Since when has Apple given accessory manufactures product specifications or test products prior to launching?

18. macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Anyone know how long after the 4 came out, that Mophie came out with their charger?

19. macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Keeping in mind there are TWO mophies. The air and the plus. Neither is a perfect fit. But, I own one and so it's good enough for me.

----------

Ill give that a try. it seemed to be more sticking at the bottom.

20. macrumors regular

Mophie Juice Pack Plus fits my 4S. The buttons work. The mute button is not centred, but is accessible.

Makes the phone quite chunky, but a nicer shape - and longer battery life . . .

21. macrumors 6502

If it is sticking at the bottom then before putting it in, slightly straighten the charge port on the case (lightly pull out on the entire port). It has a little play and that slight resistance pulling it down is what is keeping the phone stuck in the case.

Also around the edges, the glass on rubber sticks. I found that out the hard way when I cleaned the back using some iKlear and then stuck it in there. The solution caused massive friction and basically locked the phone into the case.

22. macrumors regular

cc2096

So the one good thing about the Juice Pack Air and Plus is that the top part of the case is replaceable. Which means that when Mophie releases the updated top to officially support the 4S, we can just buy that piece instead of an entirely new case.

23. macrumors 6502

I'm currently using a mophie juice pack plus and it works fine for the 4S. I have a protective cover on the back of phone itself so I find that my mute button is just barely touching the case when I flip it, but it still moves fine and I am definitely keeping the case. Full recommendation here.

24. macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Brilliant! I hadn't thought about that!

----------

Thanks. This is helpful. I have been using a mophie since the 3GS and had never had one get stuck before. Thanks for this information.

25. macrumors regular

I was going to get a Mophie (I have one for the 3GS) but I started looking around and I ended up ordering a Boost Case.. very similar to Mophie but I think the Boost may be a slightly better buy right now. Very good customer service.

Here's the thread I started yesterday.. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1253885