Moratorium on video iPod "leaked" photos

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by dornoforpyros, Mar 6, 2006.

1. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Seems that everyone with a copy of photoshop is now posting their "leaked" 6G iPod photos. Even though each and everyone of these is clearly fake people seem to think they can pull one over on the MR users by posting a new image (even though everyone is identical minus some of the on screen stuff).

I really think this needs to stop, this goes beyond speculation and is just plain silly. Perhaps a temporary suspension for anyone posting these photos? Might seem harsh but it's really getting out of hand.

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I don't see a problem with people posting images as long as they do so in the proper thread or properly titled threads. (ie. no spamming other threads).

I personally am tired of them myself, and have tried to limit story coverage, but with enough linking and discussion, I eventually feel like I need to address it.

arn

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

And also, as a compromise, at the same time, can we please have a moratorium on threads asking for a moratorium on threads? :)

4. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

You are posting on MacRumors, not MacColdHardFacts. :rolleyes:

Heres an idea, create some fake 'iPod AV' Photoshops of your own and post them here for everyone else to check out. Or stop reading the threads that you don't like.

5. dornoforpyros thread starter macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

lol, fair enough...I just wanted to sound important

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

There's no way interest in creating these fakes will die down anytime soon, and as a rumor site it would be silly to completely ignore the more popular images floating around. I really can't wait for the 6G to show up just so people will stop cranking out spoof "leaked" shots...for a little while. :rolleyes:

I think Macrumors is doing a pretty good job of mentioning them without fanning the flames.

7. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Funny, the only one I've seen is the one with the how-to video associated with it.

I guess if you don't go looking ... :)

8. dornoforpyros thread starter macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

You know, that's actually not a bad idea

Attached Files:

9. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!

What are the specs? Does the touch screen get dirty easily? Link to video?!? :D

10. JeanJPoirier macrumors newbie

JeanJPoirier

It might just be me, but I personally really like photoshopped pics. :eek: Even if they're fake, I think that kind of speculation adds to the excitement of new products. It's fun to see what other people imagine.

11. Orlando Furioso macrumors 6502

Orlando Furioso

You should start the thread.

:D :p

12. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

As long as there isn't a new thread started for each new picture/video; I don't really see what the problem is.

13. emaja macrumors 68000

Beat me too it. I guess that's what I get when sleep gets in the way of things.

14. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I did, but someone wastelanded it! :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :D

15. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I think this is the OP's issue, and it is mine as well. While I don't mind the pics showing up (I just like to see what people can do with photoshop...i have no skill), I have noticed a plethora of threads on various pictures. I think the mods have done a good job weeding out or merging repeats, and for that I thank them. I just wish people would let the mods moderate, and do that work themselves. If the threads were hard to locate, fine - but there are enough iPod AV threads floating around that you should be able to find one that you can add to.

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I've actually seen more threads talking about how there shouldn't be threads about the new video iPod and how fake it is. I like how some of them are yelling at people to search first. :p Why make a new thread instead of posting to the existing ones?

17. dornoforpyros thread starter macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Yes, I have no decided that instead of trying to reason with the silly people thinking they are cool by posting their own fakes I shall now stick the Domo Kums on them. So far so good!