More 4th Gen iPod Nano and 2nd Gen iPod Touch Cases

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 25, 2008.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Previously unknown retailer Alibaba has a few more images of cases for the rumored 2nd generation iPod Touch and 4th generation iPod nano.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Images link to the individual product pages.

Article Link

2. macrumors regular

front-side wifi on the touch? Must mean a full metal back.

3. macrumors member

iRebecca27

I really hope the new nano design is a fake. It looks like the small Zune. Apple can do WAY better than that. Apple, I love you, but seriously...

4. macrumors 6502

derryquinn

I loved the fatty when i saw it but i hate this *new* nano. I can't see apple going fat and then back to stick-shaped again, it seems like they would be saying "woops"

5. macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Why would a major manufacturer put an old iPod touch paper display (the icons) inside a case for the new iPod touch?

6. macrumors 6502

Well I would say that from the consistent form factors we are seeing for the new nano we might have a pretty good idea of what it looks like.

Before everyone starts screaming "FAKE" just remember that this same thing happened with the fatty nano last year. We saw all kinds of leaked pictures, case designs and everyone said "no way!", but then it was announced.

I'm not sure if I'll like it or not but I'm interested in seeing it in real life. The fatty nano wasn't so bad once you were able to hold it. These leaked items always make the products look kind of crappy.

7. macrumors 68000

FJ218700

or full plastic :cool:

8. macrumors 68020

Xavier

No way that is the new ipod touch. It doesnt have the new 2.0 software, let alone the January update. And that case is just awful

9. macrumors 6502a

KindredMAC

Because they are a joke. I looked at one of their cases this weekend and couldn't believe how loose the case was on my iPhone. The girl was trying hard to sell me and I was like "uh uh, forget about it". I could have easily turned my iPhone around on itself inside the "case".

10. macrumors 601

Yvan256

I don't get why there is an opening in the front for the iPod touch. Even if the wi-fi antenna is moved to the front of the unit, silicon/rubber isn't likely to block signals.

11. macrumors 68020

Kardashian

A lot of 'cheap' manufacturers do this.

A lot of 3G iPhone accessories have the 2G screenshots - minus the App store etc.

12. macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I actually really like the supposed new iPod Nano. I'd probably buy it, in fact.

But, it does seem like a step back.

I love the fatty Nano. I only wish it came in a 16GB size.

This is what interests me most. I want a 16GB Nano. The shape doesn't really bother me - although a 16GB Fatty and I'd be happy.

13. macrumors 6502a

Hm, isn't this overkill for people who just want to use their iPod to play music, but don't want a teeny, screen-less shuffle? Or has a (non-existent) Apple focus group decided that 3rd generation Nanos are too small for average adult Western hands?

And this isn't just a Zune case, right? Or a keen manufacturer doing a "me first" based on speculation?

Oh, it's the iPhone nano ;).

14. macrumors 6502a

Please tell me you're joking.

15. macrumors 604

zap2

Then why have a spot of plastic to allow Wi-Fi to get in and out?

16. macrumors regular

does that hole in the top left mean a camera on the front side?

dum dum dum.

17. macrumors 6502

I think that is for the optional toothbrush attachment.

18. macrumors member

iRebecca27

no, it is for the accelerometer

19. macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I'm thinking camera is the only thing that would cause the need for a hole in the front of the Touch case. Otherwise I have no idea what else it is for. And just so you guys know - I'm not so fond of the "new" Nano design quite yet, but it will likely grow on me.

20. macrumors 68030

Arran

Perhaps a front mounted speaker?

21. macrumors regular

caliguy

Or even a proximity sensor that turns the iPod display off when you put it in your pocket? Eh idk..

22. macrumors regular

Gotta be a speaker, good call. If it were a camera, it'd be on the back so you can see the preview on the screen. Apple wouldn't put a front facing (ie: video chat) cam on the touch without putting it on the iPhone too, and they aren't putting out an iPhone update next month.

Not an accelerometer: that's all internal. Only the proximity sensor uses an external sensor and the touch has no need for one

23. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

it's for the ambient light sensor.

24. Guest

The funny thing is that MOST people in this forum HATED the fat Nano when it was released...and any references to the Zune are at the very least silly, since the Zune itself copied the original Nano's design...so it's all Apple after all...:rolleyes:

25. macrumors P6

twoodcc

well hopefully we'll find out if these are real in just a couple of weeks!