More annoying commercials

Discussion in 'Community' started by JesseJames, Apr 10, 2004.

1. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Okay, that damn Lipton Cup o' Soup commercial where that office worker guy pretends to be important. To keep up his shamming energy he drinks the soup.
    I want to punch the crap out of him for some reason.

2. macka macrumors regular

They get more and more interesting as time goes on, don't they?
    :rolleyes:

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

those new burger king commercials crack me up, when he says "bahh" at the end. so stupid but i laugh my ass off

iJon

4. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

It's hard to find something I HATE more than an Old Navy commercial! :mad: I shudder at the thought of one!

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

You said it. I would never go into their store, just because of those commercials.

6. King Cobra macrumors 603

One of the most annoying commercials for me would have to be anything involving high-speed cable/DSL. I live too far away from any such wires to be drawn to the house, so the advertisement speaks out in a manner that laughs at me for not being able to have something that the other people on the television screen have.

One commercial of such that drove me totally f***ing insane with anger would be the commercial in which this guy is hosting a party and he's downloading some file with dial-up, and we see an OS 9-like progress bar and "watch" waiting symbol in the same computer screen close-up. Party guests complain that the download is going so slow. So the guy says it's a brand new computer...then says that he uses dial-up (I think). Then all of the party guests laugh at him. Just because he has a slow connection...and, again, because I can't get anything faster (exclude Satellite from the matter, I don't think we have "a clear view of the Southern sky," unfortunately), that's a laugh in my face. Makes me want to punch in the television screen.

7. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Are you in the city? Right up against a cliff? Usually the issues can be gotten around by mounting the dish on the roof or a pole.

I have a cable modem but use satellite for TV

8. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

I find that most commercials insult your intelligence. companies that do this think if they play some music and show people dancing or acting silly that you will run out and buy their product or service.

corporations are full of greedy scumbags that only care about your money and I want no part of it.

9. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I find the Mcdonald's "I'm lovin' it" commercials to be quite annoying. Though, that may be a bias oppinion since I dislike McDonalds. ;)

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

2 words - ummmm 1 word - well 1 letter and a word:

K-Swiss.

And I agree about the Old Navy commercials. They are stupid.

scem0

11. King Cobra macrumors 603

All right, well come to think of it, I have a semi-clear view of the sky, since I watch TV (sometimes) through Satellite as well. But where I live, well...deep in the woods of [hell], to put it one way, and on a downward part of a road.

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Maybe that just means that we MacRumors members are smarter than the average TV watcher, and we should be proud of that fact.

13. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

well, we do use macs :)

14. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Commericials with Jared the Subway guy. F*** him.

15. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

wingman/wingdog commercials
    k-swiss (put a spin on it)
    mcdonalds (they're loving what?)
    footlocker (will hook you up)
    80% of alcohol commercials (or are they ads for sex that happen to have alcohol in them)
    comp usa 'techno boy'
    intel centrino
    m$ 'your passion our profit' spots

16. davecuse macrumors 6502

davecuse

I have the same problem, I have satellite TV and I can't get satellite internet. I don't get it... The installer said, "sure you can get it.... if you cut down those 7 trees." The worst part is that right across the street they can get DSL or a Cable hookup. SOBs

Also I hate the MS Office commercials more than anything. They put me in a bad mood everytime they come on.

17. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

18. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Have you seen the Jack in the Box commercials where jack goes into the subway and asks this big fat guy to taste the bacon chili cheeseburger, asks him if he likes it then asks the guys name and its Jared. Jack then says "Jared, in the subway likes our bacon chili cheeseburger."

Though when I hear Jared I think of this...

http://www.freeverse.com/happyholidays/index.html

19. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Haha nope haven't seen that...then again I don't think we have any Jack-in-the-box's around here.

20. Nny macrumors regular

Nny

I miss "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"

I used to dare people in my car to roll down the window and scream that at pedestrians.

With all the talk about the Dish: I hate the commercial for Comcast where the guy is upset because he can't install his own dish, figuring he could because "I used to sell them." Hahaha!

If you hate the announcers who overhype commercials (like movie trailers and reality tv shows) then watch this: http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/comedian.html

21. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

I did that one. I was in a school bus. I pulled down my window and asked the person in the car next to me.

Lots of fun. I was the king of the geeks that day.